Online Slots offer a special kind of casino magic. But whether you choose to play slots on the internet or visit a land-based casino, these machines are designed to provide hours of endless fun. It’s no wonder, then, that slots are the most popular casino game in Canada.
Likewise, Maple Casino‘s first-class slots make you feel like you’re on the floor of the very best casinos in Canada. We feature the top web-based slots, with over 300 real money online games to choose from. As well as a great selection of online slot games, you will also enjoy great graphics, seamless game play and superb animation. Moreover, Canadian casino players are able to take full advantage of the very best games available, all offering great jackpots you won’t want to miss.
Best Online Slots in Canada
About Online Slots Machines at Maple Casino
Physical fruit machines and web-based slot machines are similar, and often feature three or more reels. However, slot machines at land-based venues used to have a lever, which has since been replaced by a button. The slot machines’s characteristic lever gave rise to its ‘one-armed bandit’ nickname
Online slot machines have a variety of different themes and variants. Ultimately, however, they share a number of common features. These include spinning reels, paylines, free spins, bonus features and gamble screens. This makes life easy for any avid gambler. After all, you only have to learn how the machines work once to play a host of fun themed games.
Play Online Slot Games
You can play for real CAD$ at Maple Casino‘s trusted online casinos in Canada. Moreover, they all come with great graphics, sound effects, and various soundtracks. In fact, there are so many different themed slots to choose from that slot machine lovers would find it almost impossible to experience any gambling fatigue. There is also the possibility of winning big and hitting that jackpot.
Top Slots Online Canada
Thunderstruck II Slots: Players find themselves in an ancient world of Norse mythology. Thunderstruck II is a 5-Reel, 243-Ways-to-Win Video Slot with great prizes. To find out more about this online video slot game, click the following link: Thunderstruck II Slots
Immortal Romance Slots: The theme is the dark mists of the paranormal. As you spin the reels, the online slot online will also weave a tale of romance, while giving players eternal rewards. To find out more about this online video slot game, click the following link: Immortal Romance Slots
Mega Moolah Slots: This is a Progressive Video Slot online that’s all about winning the big moolah. To find out more about this 5 Reels and 25 Paylines slots game, click the following link: Mega Moolah Slots
Girls With Guns Slots: This has 5-Reels and 243-ways-to-win. There are stacked Wilds, Expanding Wilds and Scatters, which trigger the lucrative Free Spins Feature and a Free Game features. To find out more about this slots game, click the following link: Girls with Guns Slots
Age of Discovery Slots: This game has 5-Reels and 25 Paylines to maximise your chances of winning. To find out more about this slots game, click the following link: Age of Discovery Slots
League of Fortunes Slots: One of the most impressive things about this 5-Reel Slot game is that it features 1024 Ways-to-Win. To find out more about this game and how to win, click the following link: League of Fortunes Slots
Deck The Halls Slots: This 5-Reel, 30-Payline Slot game ought to give you a reason to celebrate every day. To find out more, click the following link: Deck the Halls Slots
Break Away Slots: This ice hockey themed offering is one of the most popular sporting games in Canada. To find out more, click the following link: Break Away Slots
Atlantis Slots: Travel to the legendary lost city of Atlantis and uncover great treasures. To find out more, click the following link: Atlantis Slots
Ramesses Riches Slots: Players get to venture into Egypt’s pyramids and the Nile to find the Pharaoh’s treasure. For more information, click on the following link: Ramesses Riches
Online Slots For Real Money In Canada
Play 3-Reel Slots
These are easy to play games, not to mention, incredibly fun! To win the jackpot, match up symbols on the spinning reels. These symbols are generally anything from fruit, bars to 7’s depending on the game’s theme. 3-Reel Slots also have Wild and Multiplier symbols. Such symbols can multiply your payouts. Read more here.
Play 5-Reel Slots
These slots are little gold mines that usually have a higher hit rate and offer a higher maximum bet. With more ways to win each time you spin the wheel, you stand to win more prizes. 5-Reel Slot games also come with a second-screen bonus, as well as Scatters. You can get up to 1024 Paylines with 5-Reel Slots. Read more here.
Play Pub Slots Online
Also known as English Pub-style Slots, they come with a handsome jackpot of 1,000 coins. Modeled after classic British fruit machines, these games include nudge-and-hold features, plus secret hidden bonuses.
Play the Best Progressive Slots on the Internet
Play progressive jackpots as either 3-Reel or 5-Reel varieties.
Progressive slot games reward players handsomely from a huge prize pool which grow with each spin of the reels. A variety of these games are linked together, with each machine contributing a small amount to the overall jackpot. However, players would have had to place the maximum bet in order to be eligible for the progressive jackpot.
The Top Canadian Megaspin Slots
With Megaspin Slot games, players can choose to play 4, 6 or 9 Slots simultaneously. This increases their chance of winning, as well as a significantly increased maximum jackpot prize.
Get Free Spins when Playing Internet Slots
This Bonus feature is common to online slot machines. It is triggered by a specific symbol combination, usually containing the Scatter symbols. With Free Spins you can spin the reels without placing a bet. The advantage with Free Spins is that the player takes whatever they win. Online casinos in Canada offer a varied choice of games with Free Spins.
History of Slots in Canada
New York company, Sitman and Pitt developed the first slot type gambling machine in 1891. The original games contained five drums holding a total 50 playing cards, and were based on the game of poker. The objective was for a player to make poker hands and receive a prize. The game did not reward prizes in the form of cash prizes, though. Instead, prizes consisted of free beer, cigars or other drinks. How did the casino games work? A coin was inserted into the machine and the player pulled a lever to spin the drums. These pub style fruit machines became very popular, but weren’t exactly slots.
In 1895, San Francisco man Charles Fey invented the first official machine. Known as the Liberty Bell, it consisted of three reels and a handful of symbols, including Horseshoes, Diamonds, Spades, Hearts, and a Liberty Bell. If a player managed to land three Liberty Bell icons, it would produce the highest-winning formation. The success of this casino game was swift. It also created a thriving industry in the mass production of gaming machines. In 1907, a Chicago Manufacturer Mills jumped on the bandwagon and produced a game called “Bell”. A year later, the Bell casino game could be found in cigar stores, saloons, bowling alleys, and barber shops.
Electronic Slot Machines
In 1963, software developer Bally developed the electromechanical machine. This slot was called Money Honey and featured the first bottomless hopper and automatic payment combination of up to 500 coins. It was also the beginning of slots that did not require assistance. This development led to even further progress that included a new electronic format.
Video slots came a few years after the introduction of the electronic format. In 1976, the company Fortune Coin Co created a 19” screen with the use of Sony boards and software for the game’s functionality. It was originally placed at the Hilton Hotel in Las Vegas. Further developments in 1994 saw the first ever electronic slots with two screens introduced. Subsequently, these slot games offered a different kind of playing environment as the display screen would change, along with better winning opportunities and prizes.
Online Slots in Canada Today
Slot machines have come a long way. Today they can be enjoyed both on the web and via mobile devices. They can also be enjoyed as either 3-reel or 5-reel games featuring a Wild symbol, bet max option, and multiple paylines. Online casinos are highly competitive as they offer more bonuses and promotions than any land-based casino. In addition, an online casino does not require Canadian players to travel to play their favourite games.
Mobile Slots have taken things one step further by allowing the most convenient access to casino games. Players are able to enjoy their favourite games, no matter where they are as long as they are connected to the internet. So whether you are waiting for your next bus, plane or simply wanting to pass time, take out your smartphone or tablet device to enjoy popular casino games and start winning great instant prizes.
Online Casino Slots Rules
Slot machines are arguably one of the easiest casino games to master, especially on the internet. Above all, they have the potential for massive winning opportunities with only minimal bets. The rules are simple and the game requires very little skill to play. There are even different types of games which appeal to Canadians of all budgets and skill levels.
Nevertheless, it is important for any Canadian to get to know the different types of bonuses available, and how to follow the game’s basic rules.
- To start the game, players place their bets.
- There are different coin denominations and a different number of coins which can be placed. When spinning the reels of a progressive jackpot, however, it is always best to select the max bet option.
- Players should always select a coin size that fits within their bankroll.
- Once this is done, final bets can be placed on selecting the spin button.
- Once the columns stop spinning, players will be able to see if they have spun a successful sequence on any of the active paylines.
- In some instances, certain combinations may trigger bonus features. Players will be taken to the bonuses screen to play, before returning to the main game.
Odds for Slots on the Internet
Trying to work out the possibilities of winning with the best slot games can be a little difficult. This is because players have no control over the game, in comparison to table game such as blackjack and roulette. Another reason why slots don’t offer the greatest probabilities of winning is that the majority of casinos hold a percentage of the amount wagered.
Nonetheless, slot games are simple to grasp and rather profitable to play. Such casino games are designed to award a percentage of the amount wagered and designed to make sure players lose their funding over time. This therefore creates a balance for casinos in terms of funding wagered and funds paid out.
Due to the development of the Random Number Generator (RNG), outcomes of slot games today are far more fair and random. This has led to the development of a more standardised gameplay and an equal opportunity of landing a winning sequence with each spin. Online slot machines also have a tendency to offer higher winning probabilities due to increased features being available, such as a Wild logo.
Strategies and Tips
Slots are random, and one spin will not affect the outcome of the next spin. So, let’s just be clear , no strategy can give you a consistent winning streak. However, participants can take note of a few tips that will prevent you from losing money. However, they do not increase your chances of winning.
- Play the lowest denomination machines you enjoy. These may offer lower stakes, but your money loses will be less.
- Choose machines with smaller winning jackpots. Smaller jackpot games are much easier to win. This effectively increases your chances to hit the jackpot.
- Limit yourself when it comes to playing progressive jackpot games. These types of games tend to take a much larger portion of your bet to fund the jackpot meter. If you do fancy these, then try looking for ones that are two-coin instead of three-coin machines.
- Play at machines that advertise their good payout percentages. Not all slots will advertise their winnings, but when some do, take note of these and play the ones that look promising.
- Before you even consider playing, set yourself a budget. This budget should indicate the amount of money you are willing to lose before any winnings. This should also be the amount a player sets as a limit for themselves to stop playing.
- Know the game features and what they have to bring to the gameplay. Read up about the bonus features, such as the Wild logo, Scatters, etc., by reading the game description on the game’s screen display. This will explain how the features work, and how you can activate them.
- Play for Free. If you are new to the gambling industry, we recommend you give different slots a spin in free play mode to get a feel for the game and online casino atmosphere.
How these machines work
Slots across the board offer the same kind of layout and buttons. In other words, no matter what slot you find yourself spinning, these buttons will perform the same functions.
- Auto Start/ Auto Stop: Pressing this button will start spinning the rollers of the 3-Reel or 5-Reel game automatically for a predetermined number of times. The button will also end the auto spin mode.
- + and –: Pressing this button will either increase or decrease the amount you wager per spin.
- Lines: This button will activate additional paylines to bet on. It can also function to reset the amount of paylines wagered on.
- Bet Per Line: Pressing this button will add one coin to the betting payline.
- Bet Max: Pressing this button will automatically select the maximum bet per payline and select all the paylines.
- Spin / Stop: Pressing this button will start and stop spinning of the reels to display the games result.
- Gamble: This special feature is found in certain slot games. During the gamble feature, players will be requested to place an additional bet in order to increase their profits from the previous spin.
- Collect: Press this button when you have a payout. It will then add your profits to the bankroll.
Terminology at Casinos in Canada
- 3- Reel: 3-Reel games are games that contain three vertical spinning columns where symbols line up to form winning sequences. These are the most traditional form of slots, and are ideal for beginners to try and find their way around.
- 5-Reel: 5-Reel offerings are casino games that are slightly more complex. They also offer far more opportunities for a successful sequence. Players will find icons spinning across five vertical running rollers.
- Bars: These are the most common symbol you will find in the majority of games. They are rectangular shapes with the word “BAR” written on it. Bars can be found in Single, Double, or Triple form.
- Bet: This is the amount of money a player places per spin.
- Bet Max: Bet Max is a button selected by a player when they want to bet the maximum amount on a payline.
- Bonus Game: Bonus Games are secondary events that provide more opportunity to win extra money. As soon as the bonus round ends, players are taken back to the base game. Bonus Games are also known as Bonus Rounds.
- Carousal: Carousal is the collective name for a group of slot machines.
- Classic Slots: Classic slots are regarded as traditional slots. They consist of only a handful amount of images.
- Coin Size: Coin Size refers to the value of the coin players wish to place.
- Coins per Line: This is the number of coins a player wages on each payline.
- Denomination: This is the value of each coin played on a particular slot.
- Expanding Wild: This Wild Symbol has the ability to expand and fill an entire reel.
- Fixed Jackpot: This is a jackpot that is pre-set to a fixed amount. The jackpot cannot be altered and is paid out with a certain sequences of symbols appearing on the reels.
- Free Spin: Free Spins are awarded as a bonus feature and are commonly the result of landing either Wilds or Scatter logos.
- Jackpot: This is the top amount a winner can receive. Jackpots are generally awarded for landing five wild logos.
- Multiplier: Multipliers refer to bonus features that are commonly associated with wilds. These are awarded to multiply any bets by the specified amount. For example; if you are awarded a 4x multiplier, then your winnings will be multiplied by 4.
- Payline: This is the line players need to land icons on to create a successful combination. Paylines can vary in different slot games and need to be active in order to reward players with money.
- Payout: This is the amount of coins a player receives for each profitable formation they manage to land.
- Pay Table: A pay table displays the corresponding pay out for the successful combinations applicable to the chosen slot.
- Progressive Jackpot: Progressive Jackpots are not pre-set jackpots. These types of jackpots increase each time a player wagers on them.
- Reels: Reels are the disks that spin inside the slot machine and display symbols at random.
- Scatter Symbols: These logos can help you form a winning sequence regardless of where they appear in the game.
- Slot Tournament: These are majority online tournaments that casinos offer to give players a chance to compete against other slot enthusiasts. They will generally make use of one slot and participants will receive points for their accumulated credits. At Maple Casino, the top 10 finishers will each receive their slice of the prize pool.
- Stacked Wilds: Stacked Wilds are Wild icons which are stacked on top of each other on a single reel.
- Symbols: These are the icons on the reels that players need to match up in order to form a profitable pattern.
- Video Slots: Video Slots are slot games that are run by a computer program and displayed on a digital screen. They are more commonly found at online casinos in Canada, including Maple Casino.
- Wild Symbol: This is a joker type symbol which replaces the majority of other symbols to help form winning combinations.
- Winning Combination: This is the amount of possibilities displayed by a pay table. The pay table indicates what symbols need to line up to form a winning sequences and receive the respective amount.