Real Money Blackjack Online in Canada 2019
At Canadian online casinos, you’ll find every version of real money online blackjack under the sun. The Maple Casino team have put together this quick guide to help you learn how to play. If you already know how to win money playing blackjack, you can also use our guide to refresh your memory and pick up on simple rules. Read on for a few tips on how beat the dealer at online blackjack every time you play.
Blackjack is a casino card game where players try to reach a hand total of 21. If a player’s total exceeds 21, this will result in a bust and an automatic loss. Hence, blackjack commonly being referred to as “21”. It is generally played with one standard deck of 52 playing cards. Depending on the version of online blackjack, more than one deck of cards may be used. Online blackjack is amazing because you can make real money playing that you wouldn’t be able to make anywhere else. What’s more, there are many free variations of the game available for Canadian gamblers.
Our Best Online Blackjack Real Money Casinos
Online Casino Blackjack Rules
There may be multiple variants of this game, but the rules of blackjack are applicable across all the different versions. We recommend starting with demo blackjack games first. Our team of gambling experts have assembled a simplified guide, which explains all the blackjack game rules for playing on the internet:
- The dealer receives a hand of two cards, one placed face down and the other, face up.
- Depending on the card count of the player’s hand, a player can choose to hit, stand, split or double down.
- Players continue the game in this way until they decide to stand or they go over the card count of 21 (this is known as a bust). Each round is started by another round of bets, and then a new card is dealt.
- The dealer’s hand is revealed last. The dealer must hit until their total exceeds 21, hits a card count of 21 or reaches 17 (at which point the dealer must stand).
- If a player finishes with a card count higher than the dealer’s (but is under 21), or the dealer busts (goes over 21) then the player wins.
Top 5 Online Blackjack Versions
Blackjack is one of the most popular card games on the web. As a Canadian gambler, you’ll easily find a variant that suits you. These online betting shops have a huge variety of games available, like Pontoon. Who knows, you might even be able to grab a bonus while you play this game for free.
- Classic Blackjack Gold: The player’s challenge is to achieve a hand totaling 21 or less when the dealer either has a lower hand, or their hand exceeds 21.
- Multi-hand Blackjack Gold: This is one of the most popular and intriguing games out there.
- Spanish Blackjack: The game features eight decks, but each deck does not include the standard 52 cards.
- Double Exposure Blackjack: This requires the dealer to place his cards face up, giving you an equal playing field.
- European Blackjack: This is, by far, the most popular variant of all, thus, players must familiarize themselves with the European blackjack basic strategy to win.
- American Blackjack: This expands on the European blackjack game by allowing players additional chances to win by allowing Doubling down on any hand and Splitting multiple times. The dealer also can win automatically by hitting Blackjack from the initial cards dealt.
- Atlantic City Blackjack: This variation is the same as generic blackjack, with some small additions including forcing the dealer to stand on soft 17 and being able to double down after a split.
Online Blackjack Strategies and Tips
Blackjack is one of the easiest casino betting games to learn. Online blackjack also has some of the benefits of land-based casino gambling. Still, we have compiled a few tips and tricks to suit both the novice (who we suggest should first try out a free game first) and the skilled blackjack player.
- When playing for real money, online blackjack requires a good strategy. This includes looking for hands that have the best odds, and then understanding how to win games. Practice games provide players with the opportunity to try out different strategies at no expense.
- Playing online blackjack comes with a lot of benefits, such as bonuses. If there is a bonus you’ve been saving for mobile blackjack, for example, consider using it to give your bankroll a boost.
- Check what types of bets you can make before starting the game. This will allow you to put a strategy together properly.
- Most betting shops on the internet will try to increase their house edge. One way they do this is by not allowing the player to double down after they split. Make sure you check this when preparing to play.
- Real online blackjack means that if you cannot double down, hit instead.
- If you cannot split, then play your hand to its value.
Online Blackjack Glossary
Knowing the lingo is part of knowing the rules of the game. An online blackjack player will find their gaming performance improved by becoming acquainted with the terminology below. Even when they play blackjack for entertainment.
A ‘bust’ is where your total combined value comes to higher than 21. This can only occur if you hit instead of standing with your hand and means you lose your bet.
This is essentially doubles your bet. It also means you agree to take only one more card (after which you must stand).
Have the dealer give you another card to increase your hand total. In many variations of online blackjack games, the dealer must hit until they have a total hand size greater than or equal to 17.
The total of the dealer’s and your hand totals are the same and are between 17 and 21. In this scenario, neither wins.
You have the option to split two cards of the same value. This results in you having two blackjack hands against the dealer. Sometimes, players need to make a second bet for the second hand.
If you decide to stand, you agree not to take more cards. This means you will finish the game with the total you had at the time of the stand.
When a dealer is dealt an Ace, they will offer players the choice to purchase insurance. This gives the players the opportunity to win back some of their money if the dealer wins by getting blackjack. Some American blackjack games offer insurance as an option when you play.
After the dealer checks their hand when there’s a chance the dealer could have blackjack, in some blackjack games, the option to surrender is given. If a player surrenders, they forfeit their hand and get have their bet returned to them.