Real Money Blackjack Online in Canada
At Canadian online casinos, you’ll find every version of real money online blackjack under the sun. The Maple Casino team have put together this quick guide to help you learn how to play. If you already know how to win money playing online blackjack, you can also use our blackjack guide to refresh your memory and pick up on simple rules.
Our Best Blackjack Online Real Money Casinos
Online Casino Blackjack Rules
Blackjack is a casino card game where players try to reach a hand total of 21. Hence, blackjack commonly being referred to as “21”. It is generally played with one standard deck of 52 playing cards. Depending on the version of online blackjack, more than one deck of cards may be used. Playing blackjack online is a great way to learn the game and make some money in the process. What’s more, there are free online variations of the game available for Canadian players.
There may be multiple variants of this game, but there are core rules that are the same across all versions. We recommend trying free blackjack online first. To help you out, our team of experts has assembled a simplified guide to explain the core rules of blackjack:
- The goal of blackjack is for your cards to equal 21.
- Dealer receives two cards, one face down and one face up.
- You are dealt at least one hand.
- You can ask the dealer to hit, stand, split or double down.
- Game continues until you stand or go over 21.
- Dealer’s hand is revealed last.
- Dealer must hit until their total is or exceeds 21, or reaches 17 and stands.
- If your card count is higher than the dealer’s (but under 21), or the dealer busts (goes over 21) then you win.
- When you or the dealer gets “blackjack” on the initial deal, that means the starting hand adds up to 21.
Top Online Blackjack Versions
Blackjack is one of the most popular card games to play online for real money. As a Canadian player, you’ll easily find a variant that suits you. Each online casino is different, which means that you may find one type of online blackjack, or quite a few. The top versions of blackjack online that you’ll find are:
|European Blackjack||This is by far the most popular variant of all. Familiarizing yourself with the basic strategy for this version will help ensure your ability to win.|
|American Blackjack||This expands on the Euro blackjack game by allowing players additional chances to win. You are allowed to Double Down on any hand and Split it multiple times. The dealer also can win automatically by hitting blackjack from the initial cards dealt.|
|Classic Blackjack Gold||The player’s challenge is to achieve a hand totaling 21 or less when the dealer either has a lower hand, or their hand exceeds 21.|
|Multi-hand Blackjack Gold||This is one of the most popular and intriguing games out there. Players have the option to bet on up to five hands at a time.|
|Spanish Blackjack or Spanish 21||The game features eight decks, but each deck is missing the “10” cards.|
|Double Exposure Blackjack or “Zweikartenspiel”||This requires the dealer to place his cards face up, giving you an equal playing field.|
|Atlantic City Blackjack||This variation is the same as generic blackjack, with some small additions including forcing the dealer to stand on soft 17 and being able to double down after a split.|
Blackjack Strategy and Tips
Blackjack is one of the easiest casino betting games to learn. We have compiled a few tips and tricks to suit both the novice (who we suggest should first try out a free online game) and the skilled blackjack player.
- When playing blackjack online for real money, look for hands that have the best odds, and learn the rules of the game. Practicing with a free online blackjack game provides you with the opportunity to hone your blackjack strategy at no expense.
- Playing online blackjack comes with a lot of benefits, such as bonuses. If there is a bonus you’ve been saving for, consider using it to give your bankroll a boost.
- Check what types of bets you can make before starting the game. This will allow you to put a strategy together properly.
- Most betting shops on the internet will try to increase their house edge by not allowing you to double down after you split. Make sure you check this when preparing to play.
- When doubling down isn’t allowed, hit instead.
- If you cannot split, then play your hand to its combined value.
Blackjack Online Glossary
Knowing the lingo is part of mastering any game. Before you focus on blackjack strategy, you need to understand the terminology. If you play blackjack online, you’ll find your gaming performance improved by becoming acquainted with the terms below.
Online Blackjack FAQs
Yes, you can play blackjack free online. Many of Canada’s first-class casinos on the internet allow players to play the games for free. We always recommend that players learn the ropes by starting with free games when possible.
All you need to play is an internet connection, and a computer or mobile device. Most online casinos offer mobile-friendly blackjack.
Yes, it is. One of the benefits of playing online is the Random Number Generators (RNGs). These randomize the cards you are dealt, and add up your hand value for you. All top-rated online casinos will have their games tested regularly by third-party auditors. This ensures that your games are always fair and random.
Yes, of course you can. You can play blackjack online for free or real money on your mobile device, using your web browser. You can also find many blackjack apps that are Android and iOS compatible.
Our selection of casino sites are not only supplying online blackjack games, but also offer other cards games like poker, various table games, and—of course—online slots. Your phone is a mobile casino wherever and whenever you want to find your fun!