- »What You Need to Know About WSOP 2020 Online on GGPoker
What You Need to Know About WSOP 2020 Online on GGPoker
The chance for poker players in Canada to win a World Series of Poker gold bracelet online is just days away.
US players in Nevada and New Jersey kicked off their portion of the WSOP 2020 Online on July 1. They have played and will continue to play one tournament per day through the last day of July.
Meanwhile, Canadians and players in other parts of the world in which GGPoker sites are available are preparing for their chance at WSOP gold via online poker. Initial starting days for the first tournament are already underway, but the first official day on the calendar will be Sunday, July 19.
Players should know about the latest announcements and changes to WSOP 2020 Online as they log on, deposit their poker funds, and get ready for an unprecedented WSOP summer.
WSOP 2020 Schedule Basics
When the World Series of Poker announced its venture with GGPoker in June, the partners offered some basic initial information, along with the first version of the schedule. Those important bits were:
- Number of official WSOP tournaments on GGPoker 54
- Dates of WSOP on GGPoker: July 19 through September 6
- Tournament buy-in range for WSOP 2020 on GGPoker: $50 to $25K
- Main Event information: $5K buy-in, freezeout, 3 days, $25M GTD, Day 2 on August 30
- GGPoker minimum age: 18
There are a few things we don’t yet know.
The schedule shows three “People’s Choice” bracelet events on the schedule – Events 79-81. A public popular vote will choose one, professional players will choose another, and the something called “Spin the Wheel” will determine the third. Details are pending.
GGPoker announced that some of the events in the series will be streamed on Twitch – most likely the final tables and most likely on a slight delay. The GGPoker WSOP page does list dates and times without the previous disclaimer of times and dates subject to change, but there was no official announcement. Commentators are also listed as TBA.
WSOP 2020 Online Promotions
Recently, we reported some of the promotions set up for WSOP 2020 Online players on GGPoker. The leaderboard was established with pure gold prizes awaiting the top finishers. And GGPoker set up the Silk Road promotion for micro-stakes and small-stakes players. The direct qualifiers for the $5K buy-in Main Event start at $1.08 and cost up to $21.60, and they will continue running through August 31.
Another promotion available to players is Spin & Gold, a competition in the fast-fold online poker genre. Players can participate in a range of buy-ins for the three-handed SNGs and win up to 12,000 their buy-ins or up to $600K. WSOP-related prizes range from $5K WSOP Main Event seats to $10 WSOP satellite tickets.
More information and probabilities are on the Spin & Gold page here.
The largest promotion is called the $5,000,000 WSOP Season Special Giveaway. It consists of six leaderboard competitions:
- Spin & Gold Leaderboard ($600K) = awarding $10K in WSOP tickets per day
- Rush & Cash Leaderboard ($1.4M) = awarding $25K in WSOP tickets per day
- All-In or Fold Leaderboard ($550K) = win seats at daily $10K Flipout tournaments
- Short Deck Leaderboard ($300K) = awarding $5K in WSOP tickets per day
- Hold’em Leaderboard ($1.1M) = awarding $20K in WSOP tickets per day
- Omaha Leaderboard ($1.1M) = awarding $20K in WSOP tickets per day
These leaderboards run through the end of August. More information on each is available here.
Updated Schedule with More Information
There were a few changes to the schedule since we last posted it, and the WSOP added event numbers to more easily track the tournaments.
In addition, Event 33 is a charity event, and the $111 fee from each buy-in will go to the Caesars Cares assistance fund. The “Every 1 for Covid Relief” tournament will benefit team members of Caesars Entertainment who suffered particularly difficult hardships due to the pandemic due to casino closures. Some of the featured guests in the tournament include Tony G, Fedor Holz, Bertrand Grospellier, and Felipe Ramos from the poker world, as well as sports stars like tennis legend Boris Becker and boxers Riddick Bowe and Jason Quigley.
The only thing missing from the schedule below is the Day 1 flight information for some of the major tournaments.
- Event 32 on July 19 / 14:30 ET: $100 NLHE Opener (final day after 8 flights July 16-19, 1 reentry/flight, $2M GTD)
- Event 33 on July 19 / 14:00 ET: $1,111 NLHE Covid Relief by Caesars Cares
- Event 34 on July 19 / 16:00 ET: $525 NLHE Super Turbo Bounty 6-Handed
- Event 35 on July 21 / 14:00 ET: $5K PLO Championship
- Event 36 on July 22 / 14:00 ET: $1,500 NLHE Fifty Stack
- Event 37 on July 23 / 14:00 ET: $1,050 PLO Bounty
- Event 38 on July 25 / 8:00 ET: $600 NLHE Monster Stack 6-Handed (Asia time zone)
- Event 39 on July 26 / 8:00 ET: $1,500 NLHE (Asia time zone)
- Event 40 July 26 / 14:00 ET: $2,500 PLO
- Event 41 on July 26 / 14:30 ET: $400 NLHE Colossus (2nd of 3 days, 1 reentry/flight, $3M GTD)
- Event 42 on July 26 / 14:00 ET: $400 PLOSSUS (2nd day of 3 days, 1 reentry/flight, $1M GTD)
- Event 43 on July 28 / 14:00 ET: $10K NLHE Short Deck Championship
- Event 44 on July 29 / 14:00 ET: $2,500 NLHE 6-Handed
- Event 45 on July 30 / 14:00 ET: $840 NLHE Bounty
- Event 46 on August 1 / 8:00 ET: $500 NLHE Deepstack (Asia time zone)
- Event 47 on August 2 / 8:00 ET: $1K NLHE Short Deck (Asia time zone)
- Event 48 on August 2 / 14:30 ET: $1,500 NLHE Millionaire Maker (2nd of 3 days, 1 reentry/flight, $5M GTD, $1M GTD to winner)
- Event 49 on August 2 / 16:00 ET: $500 NLHE Turbo Deepstack
- Event 50 on August 4 / 14:00 ET: $2,100 NLHE Bounty Championship
- Event 51 on August 5 / 14:00 ET: $400 PLO
- Event 52 on August 6 / 14:00 ET: $1K NLHE
- Event 53 on August 8 / 8:00 ET: $800 PLO Double Stack (Asia time zone)
- Event 54 on August 8 / 14:00 ET: $10K NLHE Heads-Up Championship (freezeout, no late reg, 128-player cap)
- Event 55 on August 9 / 8:00 ET: HK$8K NLHE Asia Championship (final day, 1 reentry/flight, HK$8M GTD)
- Event 56 on August 9 / 13:00 ET: $1,500 NLHE GGMasters High Roller WSOP Edition (freezeout, $2.5M GTD)
- Event 57 on August 9 / 13:00 ET: $150 NLHE GGMasters WSOP Edition (freezeout, $1M GTD)
- Event 58 on August 11 / 14:00 ET: $5K NLHE 6-Handed Championship
- Event 59 on August 12 / 14:00 ET: $2,500 NLHE Double Stack
- Event 60 on August 13 / 14:00 ET: $525 NLHE Bounty 6-Handed
- Event 61 on August 15 / 8:00 ET: $300 NLHE Monster Stack 6-Handed (Asia time zone)
- Event 62 on August 16 / 14:00 ET: $1,500 PLO
- Event 63 on August 16 / 14:30 ET: $500 NLHE Mini Main Event (final day, 1 reentry/flight, $5M GTD)
- Event 64 on August 16 / 16:00 ET: $840 NLHE Super Turbo Bounty
- Event 65 on August 18 / 14:00 ET: $600 NLHE Deepstack Championship
- Event 66 on August 19 / 14:00 ET: $800 PLO
- Event 67 on August 20 / 14:00 ET: $500 LHE
- Event 68 on August 22 / 8:00 ET: $500 NLHE Deepstack (Asia time zone)
- Event 69 on August 23 / 8:00 ET: $1,500 NLHE Marathon (Asia time zone)
- Event 70 on August 23 / 14:00 ET: $25K NLHE Poker Players Championship ($10M GTD)
- Event 71 on August 23 / 14:30 ET: $50 NLHE Big 50 (final day, 1 reentry/flight, $1M GTD)
- Event 72 on August 25 / 14:00 ET: $1,500 LHE Championship
- Event 73 on August 26 / 14:00 ET: $1K NLHE 6-Handed
- Event 74 on August 27 / 14:00 ET: $1,500 PLO
- Event 75 on August 29 / 8:00 ET: $300 NLHE Double Stack (Asia time zone)
- Event 76 on August 30 / 14:00 ET: $400 NLHE Forty Stack
- Event 77 on August 30 / 14:30 ET: $5K NLHE Main Event (2nd of 3 days, freezeout flights, $25M GTD)
- Event 78 on August 30 / 16:00 ET: $1K NLHE Turbo 6-Handed
- Event 79 on September 1 / 14:00 ET: People’s Choice – Most popular
- Event 80 on September 2 / 14:00 ET: People’s Choice – Pros vote
- Event 81 on September 3 / 14:00 ET: People’s Choice – Spin the wheel
- Event 82 on September 5 / 14:00 ET: $1,050 NLHE Beat the Pros Bounty
- Event 83 on September 6 / 14:00 ET: $10K NLHE WSOP Super Millions ($5M GTD)
- Event 84 on September 6 / 14:30 ET: $100 NLHE WSOP Millions (final day, 1 reentry/flight, $2M GTD)
- Event 85 on September 6 / 16:00 ET: $500 NLHE Closer (unlimited reentries)
WSOP Side Events
This week, GGPoker unveiled a schedule of WSOP side events, ones that won’t award gold bracelets but will give players 30 opportunities to play a range of events with guarantees. Pokerfuse provided a complete list.
It will begin with a $300 NLHE Kick-Off event with a $50K guarantee on the prize pool. It features events like a $52.50 Sunday Bounty Builder with a $50K guarantee, $2,500 PLO Encore, $800 NLHE Marathon, and it wraps with a $125 NLHE Sunday Deepstack Turbo.
In fact, there will be one side event every day through July 26, three per day. And the total guarantees add up to $1.75 million.