- »WPT Montreal Online Approaches on PartyPoker
WPT Montreal Online Approaches on PartyPoker
As the coronavirus pandemic rages on, Canadian poker players remain relegated to online poker options. Luckily, poker tour operators have partnered with major online sites to keep some of the biggest tournaments and series moving along.
The World Poker Tour offered several online tournament series in 2020. But nothing replaced the famous WPT Montreal stop at Playground Poker each year. It was a huge gathering, with players from across Canada and America trekking to famous poker room for the chance at a prestigious WPT title.
The WPT and Playground teamed up late last year to offer their tournament online with longtime partner PartyPoker. And that $3,200 buy-in WPT Montreal Main Event is gearing up to begin on January 17.
When the WPT, Playground, and PartyPoker announced the WPT Montreal Online, they set it to start on January 10. That changed. They pushed it out by one week.
The good news about that is that more players have more time to qualify for their seats online.
- Sunday, 17 January: WPT Montreal Day 1A at 13:05 CST
- Sunday, 24 January: WPT Montreal Day 1B at 13:05 CST
- Monday, 25 January: WPT Montreal Day 2 at 13:05 CST
- Tuesday, 26 January: WPT Montreal Day 3 at 13:05 CST
- Wednesday, 27 January: WPT Montreal final table at 13:05 CST
The new schedule added an extra day before the final table. This keeps Day 2 from running too long.
Players should note that registration will remain open until 16:20 CST on both of the starting days.
Did we mention that the prize pool offers a $2 million guarantee?
Ways to Play
The vast majority of poker players do not have bankrolls that allow for $3K buy-ins. PartyPoker knows this better than most. That’s why there are round-the-clock satellites for players to win their seats at a discount.
Every day, there are phased qualifiers that let players to take their shots at $3K seats for pennies – literal pennies. The cheapest way to get started is to play the daily $0.01 events that guarantee at least 10 tickets to Phase 1 qualifiers.
- Daily $0.01 buy-in qualifiers guarantee 10 tickets to Phase 1 qualifiers.
- Daily $3.30 buy-in qualifiers guarantee various numbers of tickets to Phase 2 qualifiers.
- Daily $33 buy-in qualifiers guarantee tickets to Final Phase qualifiers.
- Sunday Final Phase qualifiers guarantee 10 tickets to the WPT Montreal Main Event.
Players can use the phases to earn a ticket to the tournament or buy-in to Phase 1 or 2 satellites. The Sunday finals are for qualifiers only, however. Players must earn their seats from Phase 2 qualifiers and cannot buy in directly.
In addition, PartyPoker is offering mega satellites at 9:30am on both starting Sundays – January 17 and 24. These Sunday finals will be accessible by the aforementioned $3.30 satellite wins, but players can also buy into these special megas for $320. Each mega will guarantee 50 seats, each worth $3,200.
KO Series Still Running
For players who love those progressive knockout tournaments, PartyPoker is hosting its KO Series. It began on Christmas Day, and it will run through January 19.
The series offers 23 primary events, but each one has three different buy-ins to suit the majority of player bankrolls. And each event offers a significant prize pool guarantee.
Nearly half of the KO Series remains open, complete with turbos and freezeouts, Hold’em and Omaha. And the Main Event(s) will be the highlight, set to run from 16-18 January:
- Event 21: $11 Micro Main Event ($50K GTD)
- Event 21: $109 Mini Main Event ($300K GTD)
- Event 21: $1,050 Main Event ($1M GTD)
PartyPoker MILLIONS on Tap
The popular PartyPoker MILLIONS hasn’t been able to do live events lately – of course, because pandemic – but it is the perfect chance to host its MILLIONS Online. And this year, there will also be a Mini MILLIONS Online.
PartyPoker will kick off the tournament on February 13. It will be a $5,300 buy-in event with a $5 million guarantee.
The event schedule is:
- Sunday, 14 February: MILLIONS Online Day 1A at 13:05 CST
- Sunday, 21 February: MILLIONS Online Day 1B at 13:05 CST
- Monday, 22 February: MILLIONS Online Day 2 at 13:05 CST
- Tuesday, 23 February: MILLIONS Online Day 3 at 13:05 CST
- Wednesday, 24 February: MILLIONS Online final table at 13:05 CST
And while that buy-in may be intimidating for some, there are satellites! Phase 1 satellites begin at just $5.50. And they’re offered daily already.
The PartyPoker blog offers more information.