- »WPT Plans for Fallsview in February, Renews Hublot Deal
WPT Plans for Fallsview in February, Renews Hublot Deal
The World Poker Tour has been traveling to various casinos and card rooms in Canada for many years. That trend will continue with another stop added to the Season XVIII schedule.
Just two weeks ago, the World Poker Tour wrapped its most recent Canadian trip. At the Playground Poker Club in Montreal, the famous poker company completed a WPT500 Montreal tournament, a WPTDeepStacks Montreal event, and the WPT Montreal Main Event. The latter was a $3,300 buy-in tournament that garnered 1,109 entries and a $3.3 million prize pool. Ultimately, Geoffrey Hum won C$500,000 as its champion.
The WPT is now planning its February trip to host the Season XVIII WPT Fallsview Poker Classic. For many seasons, it has been a popular stop for many poker players.
Fallsview in February
The World Poker Tour made the announcement last week to put Fallsview on the calendar again for early next year. The Season XVIII WPT Fallsview Poker Classic is scheduled for February 21-23 with a C$5,000 tournament buy-in.
Fallsview Casino Resort will host the festivities in the Fallsview Grand Hall. The location is a player favorite, as it overlooks Horseshoe Falls. It is also a sizeable casino and resort in Niagara, complete with a concert theater, 374-room hotel, and massive casino floor.
The visit to Fallsview is one of many that date back to Season V. WPT VP of Global Tour Management Angelica Hael commented, “The World Poker Tour and Fallsview Casino have combined for great events for many seasons, and we expect that proud tradition to continue once more this February.”
Niagara Casinos President Richard Taylor extended a welcome return, noting, “Our strengthened partnership takes another step forward this February, and we look forward to a continued tradition of excellence.”
Last year, the WPT Fallsview Poker Classic garnered 602 entries to create a C$2,744,518 prize pool. And from that record-setting field of players, Canadian Demo Kiriopoulos was the last player standing to win C$517,424.
Fallsview Poker Classic Schedule
The WPT Main Event will a part of a larger schedule that will comprise the Fallsview Poker Classic. There will be four tournaments that will promise to aware more than $5 million in prize money.
- Event 1: $1,100 NLHE with 30K chips, one entry allowed for each of two starting flights February 16-17, plays three days to a final table on February 19
- Event 2: $2,500 NLHE with 40K chips, single reentry allowed, single starting day February 19, plays three days to a final table on February 21 (could play to a fourth day if needed)
- Event 3: $5K NLHE with 40K chips, single reentry allowed, single starting day February 21, plays three days to a final table on February 23 (could play to a fourth day if needed)
- Event 4: $1,500 NLHE Turbo Bounty with 20K chips, 20-minute levels, no reentries, could play two days if necessary February 22-23
All final tables will be open to spectators who are 19 years of age or older.
Satellites are already running in Casino Niagara’s poker room. They began on November 1 and will run through February 15.
Super satellites will run as follows:
- $275 super to $2,500 NLHE on Wednesday, November 27 at 6:30pm
- $550 super to $5K NLHE on Friday, December 13 at 12:30pm
- $275 super to $2,500 NLHE on Friday, January 10 at 12:30pm
- $550 super to $5K NLHE on Wednesday, January 22 at 6:30pm
- $550 super to $2,500 NLHE on Friday, February 7 at 12:30pm
- $275 super to $2,500 NLHE on Wednesday, February 12 at 6:30pm
- $275 super to $2,500 NLHE on Tuesday, February 18 at 4:00pm
- $550 super to $5K NLHE on Thursday, February 20 at 4pm
Hublot and WPT Renew Partnership
This week, the World Poker Tour made more news when it announced the seventh season of exclusive sponsorship by Hublot. The luxury Swiss watchmaker, which is also the official timekeeper of the FIFA World Poker Cup and Formula One, renewed its partnership with the World Poker Tour for a seventh season.
Players who win a WPT Main Event in Season XVIII that is filmed for television at HyperX Esports Arena in Las Vegas will win a commemorative timepiece. Each watch is a Hublot Big Bang Steel Ceramic watch.
In addition, the player who wins the entire Season XVIII leaderboard will win a special-edition, custom Hublot watch valued at $30,000. Thus, the name of the competition is the Hublot WPT Player of the Year points race.
WPT CEO Adam Pliska expressed pride in the Hublot partnership. “The WPT continues to celebrate its champions, and we can think of no better partner to join in that celebration than our friends at Hublot.”
Hublot CEO Ricardo Guadalupe echoed that sentiment. “Hublot is back with the World Poker Tour again to present seven watches of the highest craftsmanship to the WPT and its champions,” he said.