- »La Fleur Montreal Gets Underway At Quebec University
La Fleur Montreal Gets Underway At Quebec University
The lottery will be front and center of the upcoming La Fleur 2019 Montreal conference, which is scheduled for June 25-27 at the University of Quebec at Montreal.
Not only will Loto-Quebec be the co-host for the conference, the theme for the Lottery Innovation Exchange will be “3Es: Entertainment, Experience, Emotion.”
La Fleur 2019 Montreal Conference Basics
The Montreal conference is one of several held around the world each year, each with a focus on lotteries and wagering. This year’s summer feature will be La Fleur 2019 Montreal conference at the University of Quebec in Montreal.
– June 25th
Everything kicks off at the Delta Hotels Marriott Montreal beginning at 3pm on Tuesday, June 25 with the check-in process. The registration process combined with VIP cocktails subsequently takes place at the Loto-Quebec office from 5pm to 7pm that evening.
The next two days are full of seminars and addresses, launched into action by a welcome address by Loto-Quebec President and CEO Lynne Roiter.
– June 26th
From there, the schedule is set up to include the following on Wednesday, June 26:
- “Entertainment to Create Experiences & Provoke Emotions” by Cirque du Soleil and C2-Mtl reps
- “Today’s Consumer Entertainment Needs & Expectations” by Cossette rep
- “Experiential Entertainment” by Connect’n Go rep
- “MTL Jazz Festival: Creative Process” by Equipe Spectra rep
- Pollard Banknote presentation
- “Segmentation Study, Innovation Leads & Avenues” by BCLC and Element54 reps
- “Lottery Case Study: Winning the Audience with Exclusive Experiences” by Atlantic Lottery rep
- “Lottery Case Study: Comedy Pulltabs” by BCLC rep
- “Lottery Case Study: Lottery Drivers for Establishing the Lottery Innovation Entertainment Alliance” by LEIA rep
- “Capture & Understand Emotions to Innovate” by CRI rep
- “The Global Lottery Monitoring System” by GLMS rep
- “Lottery Case Study: ALEXA: Talking to Customers)” by COLAB rep
- “Lottery Panel: North American Multi-Jurisdictional Scratcher Trends” by BCLC and Texas Lottery reps
That night will wrap with a happy hour reception sponsored by MKODO.
– June 27th
On Thursday, June 27, the day will start with speeches from MMA champion Georges St-Pierre and writer and director Justin Kingsley. From there, the day’s options will be as follows:
- “Experiential Entertainment” by Moment Factory rep
- “Entertainment Games: A Strategic Territory for Innovation” by Loto-Quebec rep
- “eSports: A Diversity of Business Opportunities” by Northern Arena rep
- “eSports: A Passion for Video Games” by pro gamer
- “Board Games: Same DNA with New Opportunities” by Randolph rep
- “Experiential Communications” by Bell Media rep
- “Canadian Lottery CEO Panel” by Atlantic Lottery, BCLC, Loto-Quebec, OLG, and WCLC reps
- Bede Gaming presentation
- IDEMIA presentation
- Made-In presentation
- “Surprising the Consumer with New Lottery Experiences: Leveraging Media Partnerships to Engage U35s” by OLG reps
- “Lottery Case Study: Luck Happens – Pop Up Concert Series” by Texas Lottery rep
- “The Big Takeaways Panel: Canadian Lottery Marketing Directors” by Atlantic Lottery, BCLC, Loto-Quebec, OLG, and WCLC reps
The evening will end with a reception featuring pizza and beer.
La Fleur 2019 Montreal External Speaker Bios
With the “3 Es: Entertainment, Experience, Emotion” theme at this year’s conference, many of the speakers will focus on these issues. Most importantly, this will include the consumer and their relationship to the competitive entertainment business.
Some of those speakers will be:
- Sheila Morin: Global Head of Brands and Marketing Strategies for Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group since August 2017
- Julia Cyborian: Brand and marketing executive with 15 years of experience
- Hugo Fournier: Director of Lead Strategy for Cossette
- Anthony Palermo: Co-Founder and CEO of Connect&GO
- Karine Poirier: Director of Business Development and Sponsorship for Equipe Spectra
- Morten Eriksen: CEO of Lottery Entertainment Innovation Alliance since September 2018
- Ludovico Calvi: Global Lottery Monitoring System Executive Committee President since June 2017 and American Gaming Association Sport Betting Task Force member since May 2015
- Julien Brunet: Partner and Head of Strategy for CRI with 20 years of experience
- Georges St-Pierre: considered greatest UFC welterweight champion in history
- Justin Kingsley: Author, director, strategist, and photographer
- Amahl Hazelton: Strategy and Development head for Moment Factory with 10 years company experience
- Carl-Edwin Michel: tech and video game enthusiast
- Stephanie Harvey: pro esports gamer and Counter-Strike world champion
- Joel Gagnon: VP and Director of Publishing for Randolph
- Alyson Walker: VP of Brand Partnerships & Client Strategy for Bell Media
- Aurelie Sauthier: Found and President of Made In
What is La Fleur?
La Fleur conferences were first organised by TLF Publications in 2015 in Canada to focus on topics pertaining to lotteries. The conferences have rotated to various cities around Canada and the United States, concentrating on cities like Toronto, Vancouver, and Montreal in the former.
Some of the latest stops in the conference lineup include Washington, D.C. and Austin, Texas, with eConferences set up for topics that include the lottery and sports betting.
TLF Publications was founded in 1990 by Terri La Fleur – now Terri Markle – who serves as its CEO and President. Bruce La Fleur serves as the Executive VP.