- »888poker Kicks Off XL Winter Series on New Platform
888poker Kicks Off XL Winter Series on New Platform
888 is known for many different types of online entertainment. In the UK and many parts of Europe, 888bingo is the prominent online bingo destination. In Canada, 888casino is a popular brand for online slots and all sorts of table games.
For poker players around the world, they know that 888poker is one of the most trusted brands. It has a reputation among players for ethical business practices, player safety and security, and offerings of poker games for players of all bankrolls.
Complete with its new and updated platform, 888poker is now offering its XL Winter Series with more than $1 million in tournament prize pool guarantees.
Made to Play
888 has had a new poker software platform in the works for quite a while, an upgrade with new technology and many more options for mobile poker players.
The company finally began to roll it out for 888poker players in the past few months. Officially, it’s the Poker 8 platform. But to those members of the 888 team that helped implement the rollout, it’s called “Made to Play.”
The Made to Play platform took input from players and incorporated it all into new avatars, new chat options, a new lobby to scroll more easily through game options, and personalized filter settings. But the Made to Play mobile app offered the most noticeable changes. Mobile players now have portrait mode to make one-handed play and multi-tabling (up to four tables) easier.
XL Winter Series
To celebrate the end of 2020, as well as the new platform, of course, 888poker recently announced the XL Winter Series.
As usual, the tournament series accommodates players of nearly every bankroll. The slate of 34 events range offer buy-ins from $5.50 up to $320. In total, the prize pool guarantees exceed $1 million.
The action started this week on December 10 and runs through December 20. This means there is plenty of time to get in on the series.
Big Prize Pools So Far
The first few events on the XL Winter Series schedule are already done and dusted. But taking a look at those numbers shows the popularity of the action so far.
- Event 1: $109 NLHE Opener = 408 entries, $51,100 prize pool ($50K GTD)
- Event 2: $16.50 NLHE Mini Opener = 925 entries, $18,675 prize pool ($15K GTD)
- Event 3: $55 NLHE Late Opener = 251 entries, $15,450 prize pool ($15K GTD)
- Event 4: $55 NLHE PKO = 528 entries, $33K prize pool ($30K GTD)
- Event 5: $22 NLHE Mini PKO = 791 entries, $20,620 prize pool ($15K GTD)
- Event 6: $33 NLHE Late PKO = 434 entries, $15,750 prize pool ($10K GTD)
There are several events each day, most often three of the same tournament format but with different buy-ins and guarantees.
Best is Yet to Come
The XL Winter Series continues through this weekend and on through Sunday, December 20. The following events are awaiting entries:
- Event 7 on 12 Dec: $109 NLHE 8-Max ($30K GTD)
- Event 8 on 12 Dec: $12 NLHE Mini 8-Max ($10K GTD)
- Event 9 on 12 Dec: $55 NLHE Late 8-Max ($15K GTD)
- Event 10 on 13 Dec: $55 NLHE Tune-Up ($50K GTD)
- Event 11 on 13 Dec: $16.50 NLHE Mini Tune-Up ($30K GTD)
- Event 12 on 13 Dec: $5.50 NLHE Micro Tune-Up ($10K GTD)
- Event 13 on 13 Dec: $55 NLHE Late Tune-Up ($20K GTD)
- Event 14 on 14 Dec: $33 NLHE R&A ($20K GTD)
- Event 15 on 14 Dec: $5.50 NLHE Mini R&A ($10K GTD)
- Event 16 on 14 Dec: $12 NLHE Late R&A ($10K GTD)
- Event 17 on 15 Dec: $320 NLHE High Roller ($50K GTD)
- Event 18 on 15 Dec: $55 NLHE Mini High Roller ($25K GTD)
- Event 19 on 15 Dec: $109 NLHE Late High Roller ($20K GTD)
- Event 20 on 16 Dec: $109 NLHE PKO ($30K GTD)
- Event 21 on 16 Dec: $16.50 NLHE Mini PKO ($15K GTD)
- Event 22 on 16 Dec: $33 NLHE Late PKO ($15K GTD)
- Event 23 on 17 Dec: $160 NLHE PKO 8-Max ($40K GTD)
- Event 24 on 17 Dec: $22 NLHE Mini PKO 8-Max ($15K GTD)
- Event 25 on 17 Dec: $55 NLHE Late PKO 8-Max ($15K GTD)
- Event 26 on 18 Dec: $55 NLHE PKO DeepStack ($25K GTD)
- Event 27 on 18 Dec: $16.50 NLHE Mini DeepStack ($15K GTD)
- Event 28 on 18 Dec: $33 NLHE Late DeepStack ($10K GTD)
- Event 29 on 19 Dec: $109 NLHE PKO 6-Max ($25K GTD)
- Event 30 on 19 Dec: $16.50 NLHE Mini PKO 6-Max ($15K GTD)
- Event 31 on 19 Dec: $55 NLHE Late PKO 6-Max ($15K GTD)
- Event 32 on 20 Dec: $250 NLHE PKO Main Event ($500K GTD)
- Event 33 on 20 Dec: $33 NLHE Mini PKO Main Event ($50K GTD)
- Event 34 on 20 Dec: $5.50 NLHE Late PKO Main Event ($15K GTD)
The Main Event, as highlighted above, is in a progressive knockout format for the first time, something players seem to fancy. And the $500K guarantee is the largest of the series, by far. Numerous satellites will run through until the final tournaments begin, with seats available at very discounted prices.