When it comes to social gambling, there is just a bit more interest and fun throughout the experience. Therefore, we at Maple Casinos created a guide to provide you with a full scope of what social casinos and social gambling casinos offer.
There are a number of platforms on which Canadian gamblers can gamble online. Players can purchase scratch and win lottery tickets, play free online slots, blackjack and poker on social media. Though, social media is the one application people never switch off.
Best Online Gambling Sites in Canada
What is Social Media Games
Social media is a platform on which players can gamble socially. Therefore, many gambling operators launched social media games on Google+, Facebook, Myspace and Bebo. This led to the launch of real money poker on Facebook by the social media gambling giant, Zynga in 2014. To top it off, all the social gambling apps were free.
Social Gambling Stats
Social media stats show that 14% of social gamblers spend at least an hour gambling every day. 39 is the average age of a social gambler. 54% of all social gamblers are men, with women being 46%. The top four reasons to why people gamble socially are:
- Mental stimulation
- Stress relief
- And social interaction.
The pros of Social Gambling
Social gambling has many pros attached to it. These include:
- Social gambling is free. Social gambling grants you with the opportunity to entertain yourself with free blackjack, poker, slots and lottery games.
- Playing free gambling games allows you to brush up on your skills.
- Players can play against their friends, whenever they want to.
- Social media gambling, Facebook, in particular, allows you to contact your friends whenever you are in the mood to play. In other words, this allows you to set bets of your own, when playing against your friends.
The Cons of Social Gambling
The cons of playing social media games are that:
- You get to practice the game without spending any real money.
- If you are lucky enough to win big, you get to brag, by sharing the news with your friends with one click of the “share” button.
- You can try out many different games. Most of the online slot machines on Facebook have been developed by independent inventors.
- The same social gambling app can be read by you and your friends directly from your social media platform.
Big Names in The Social Casino Industry
Four big names successfully made it into the social casino industry. These are:
Slotomania is one of the biggest names with many different offers of slots. You can play on your mobile, by downloading the app directly on your smartphones and tablet.
Zynga is the most popular Facebook gaming company. It is well-known for its Facebook game FarmVille. However, when Zynga Poker launched on Facebook, social gambling immediately grew in popularity and generated a lot of money into the social gambling industry.
Doubledown casino attracts almost 5 million Facebook users every month. They have a range of options, with games such as free slots, free poker, free blackjack, and free bingo. They also allow you to download their mobile apps directly onto your mobile device. However, everything played at DoubleDown casino is free.
Big Fish Casino
Big Fish Casino allows you to any of your favourite Big Fish games on Facebook. Big Fish presents you with blackjack, craps, roulette and slots. Big Fish Casino even offers bonus games, a sign-up bonus of 100,000 free chips, Big Fish Promo codes, free spins, free daily games and huge jackpots.
Social Gambling Casino Software
There are many social gambling casino providers, which players can easily find, with different types of software, a vast selection of games and social aspects to give their casino a unique feel. Social casinos allow you to play for free. So, if you have not yet come across a casino or game you see fit, you can access a different social game to play on.
Social Casino Gaming
As slots is the most enjoyed social gambling game, social casinos focus their attention mainly on slots. Most games are created from scratch by their operators. However, there are some operators rent their games from casino game suppliers. The games played on social media and online casinos have exactly same feel. So, players never have to feel like they are not gambling for real.