Best Online Casino Game Odds

Best Online Casino Game Odds

When you hear about gambling, one of the first things you might think of is: what are the odds of actually winning a game? Or maybe, if you are new to a casino… what are odds?

Odds in casinos work differently than they do in betting on sports: they are fixed. When it comes to sports, it’s all based on past statistics, but online casino games are much more stable.

That’s not to say all odds are great. At the end of the day, the casino always wins.

But that’s not to say you can’t too.

There really isn’t such a thing as a ‘casino with the best odds’, it’s more about choosing the right casino games with decent odds.

Online Gambling

Make the best of your online gambling experience in the casino by playing games that offer you a better Return to Player (RTP) rate.

Understanding Casino Odds

It might be a strange concept to digest, but not all games have the same chances of winning in the casino. And as we have already mentioned, casino games are designed to have a player lose over the long run.

But that’s not to say you can’t get lucky.

And the best way to boost your luck is by playing games that give you a better chance of winning.

What Exactly Are Odds?

Odds are simply the probability or likelihood of something happening, expressed mathematically. In casinos, this is expressed in two ways: either as a house edge, or RTP.

What is a House Edge?

The higher the house edge, the less chance you have of winning over a certain period of play. The house edge is created naturally by the way some games are played, such as online blackjack or online roulette, and is programmed into games like video slots.

For example, the house edge in European Roulette is 2.7% and is attributed to the fact that there is a green zero on the board.

So even though you would think placing a bet on red or black would give you a 50% chance of winning, it’s a 48.65% chance of winning on black, a 48.65% chance of winning on red and a 2.7% chance of it landing on green. These percentages, in this case, reflect the house edge.

Roulette wheel

What is RTP?

On the flip side of the same coin is the Return to Player (RTP). It’s always expressed as a percentage. As an example, the famous slot game, Starburst, has a RTP of 96.09%, so if you place bets to the value of $100, you can expect to win back $96.09, or to put it another way, lose $3.91.

Keep in mind that both the house edge and RTP are worked out over millions and millions of games played, so there is no guarantee that you will win, or lose for that matter, when playing just a few hands or spins of a game.

Best Casino Games with Great Odds

But let’s get down to the question that you really want answered: what is the casino game with the best odds? Interestingly, you can find games with great odds in almost every category.

So, let’s look at them each separately.

Hopefully, you’ll find something that suits your tastes, while giving you a better chance to take home some cold, hard cash.

Table Games

Generally speaking, the casino game with the best odds is blackjack, usually with an RTP of about 99%. That’s not to say it’s always the best casino game to win money at, because to reach these odds you need to be wielding the perfect blackjack strategy.

Players are often a bit intimidated by table games, but if you take a little time to learn the rules, and study up on strategy, these are literally your best bet.

Slot Games

The RTP of slot games can vary massively, and many players don’t even know to look out for it. That said, casinos are legally obliged to publish this information. So if slot games are your jam, all you need to do is check out the games’ RTP before you take a spin.

Ideally you want to be playing a progressive jackpot with a high RTP, so you can look forward to small, regular wins with a very tiny chance of winning the jackpot along the way.

Bloodsuckers by NetEnt has one of the highest RTPs of any slot game, at 98%. The RTP on slots can sometimes vary depending on how much you bet, with only the highest bets benefiting from a higher RTP.

Live Dealer

Live Dealer games hold the same RTPs as their table game counter parts. So, if live action is what you are looking for, you’ll have the best chances if you play European roulette or blackjack.

Online Video Poker

Some versions of Video Poker have the highest RTPs at online casinos, with Juices Wild paying out 99.96% of the time. This is another game where you’ll need a little bit of knowledge to really take advantage of these odds.

However, it’s pretty easy to understand and get the hang of, and unlike video slots, it gives you a much bigger feeling of being in control of the game.

Also keep in mind that games with a high RTP are often excluded from bonus wagering requirements at online casinos. So, if you are hoping to play certain games in the hopes of withdrawing your bonus, be sure to check any bonus’ terms and conditions first.

Games to Avoid

It’s easy enough to find games that are beneficial for you to play, but it’s also good to look out for games that are more likely to suck up your hard-earned cash. Games with an excessively high house edge are a great way to burn through your bank balance quickly, so give these a skip.

Slot Machines

The slot machines at brick-and-mortar casinos usually pay out much less than mobile slots. Some even have RTPs as low as 70%, and rarely go over 90%.

Classic slot machines

So, even if you enjoy this game online, steer clear of them in the real world if you’re not willing to lose a bit of money.

Any online slot with an RTP under 96% should be avoided. Luckily, plenty of modern slot games stick to the parameter, so you’ll have plenty to choose from.

Table Games

Some might believe that table games are the best casino games to win money on, but there are actually instances where the odds aren’t in your favour.

This especially applies to games where there are many different bets that can be placed predicting the outcome of the game. Games like online roulette and online craps have some outcomes that pay out great, while the risk and house edge on other outcomes is just not worth the bets you’ll be placing.

It’s also best to avoid a game variation like American roulette, where the use of the double zero pushes up the house edge to 5.26%, giving it a terrible RTP in terms of table games.

 Final Thoughts

Now that you know which casino games have the best – and worst – odds, you’ll know which ones to play and which ones to avoid, if payouts are your primary concern.

Whatever game you pick, send a quick prayer to the universe (and Lady Luck) if the odds aren’t really in your favour.

Back To Top Back To Top

Hello! Which language do you prefer?