Online Blackjack is a card game where players try to reach a hand total of 21. If a player’s total exceeds 21, this will result in a bust and an automatic loss. Blackjack is commonly played with one standard deck of 52 playing cards. Depending on the version of online Blackjack more than one deck of cards may be used.
At Canadian online casinos, you’ll find every version of online Blackjack for money under the sun. The Maple Casino team have put together this quick guide to help you learn to play. If you already know how to play, you can also use our guide to refresh your memory. Read on for a few tips on how to play online Blackjack.
Best Online Blackjack Variants for CA Gamblers
CA$1600 +100 Free SpinsBonus
200% up to CA$100 +150 Free SpinsBonus
CA$1600 +100 Free SpinsBonus
History of Online Blackjack
The origins of Blackjack aren’t concrete, but we do know that a version was created in France. This game was known as Vingt-et-Un and was played during the 16th Century. Another game translated to one and 30 and was played in Spain around the same time. It’s believed that these two games had the most influence on modern Blackjack.
While Blackjack was still gaining popularity, the game was brought across to North America. To appeal to American gamblers, a new rule was introduced. A hand made up of a Jack of Club or Spades, and an Ace of Spades would pay out 10 to one. This rule helped Blackjack gain popularity across North America, though it’s not used today.
Online Blackjack Canada – How to Play
Online Blackjack real money, accessible at the best online gaming casino site that we feature offers Canadians a choice of different strategies that depend on how and where players choose to play. Whether at a land-based or online casino, you’ll be able to test your skills against other players with Live Dealers or the real deal. Play like a pro in no time with this simple guide on the rules that an online Blackjack casino may have.
Online Blackjack Rules
- When playing online blackjack for real money, before the cards are dealt all bets are settled.
- Players are each dealt two cards, facing up. Each card is designated a numerical value. The 2-10 cards equal their number and have face value. The King, Queen and Jack cards of a suit each equal 10. Ace can be 1 or 11, depending on which value is most beneficial to the Canadian at the time.
- The dealer also receives two cards, one placed face down and the other face up.
- Depending on the card count of the player’s hand, a player can choose to hit, stand, split or double down.
- Players continue the game in this way until they decide to stand or they go over the card count of 21 (this is known as a bust). Each round is started by another round of bets, and then a new card is dealt.
- The dealer’s hand is revealed last. The dealer must hit until their total exceeds 21, hits a card count of 21 or reaches 17 (at which point the dealer must stand).
- If a player finishes with a card count higher than the dealer’s (but is under 21), or the dealer busts (goes over 21) then the player wins.
Top 5 Online Blackjack Versions
Blackjack is one of the most popular online card games and is considered a Las Vegas classic. As a Canadian gambler, you’ll find a variant that suits you with this guide. Canadian online casinos have a huge variety of Blackjack available, who knows you might even be able to grab an online blackjack bonus while you’re at it. Below are a few of our top picks at Maple Casino recommended online casinos for CA gamblers.
- Classic Blackjack Gold: the player’s challenge is to achieve a hand totalling 21 or less when the dealer either has a lower hand, or their hand exceeds 21.
- Multi-hand Blackjack Gold: is one of the most popular and intriguing games out there.
- Spanish Blackjack: The game features eight decks, but each deck does not include the standard 52 cards.
- Double Exposure Blackjack: requires the dealer to place his cards face-up, giving you, the player an equal playing field.
- European Blackjack: is by far the most popular variant of all.
Online Blackjack Tips and Strategies
Blackjack is not one of the easiest gambling games. We have a few tips and tricks to suit both the novice (who we think should first try out free online blackjack CA) and the skilled player:
- Real money online blackjack needs you to have a good strategy. This includes looking for games that have the best odds.
- Playing online blackjack comes with a lot of benefits like bonuses, so if there is a bonus you’ve been saving for mobile online blackjack, consider using it to give your bankroll a boost.
- Check what types of bets you can make before starting the game, this will allow you to strategize properly.
- If you would like to practise first, then we advise trying free online blackjack Canada, many casinos have this option.
- Top Online Blackjack casinos will try by all means to increase their house edge, one way they do this is not allowing the player to double down after they split. Make sure you check this when preparing to play.
- Real online blackjack means that if you cannot double down, hit instead.
- If you cannot split then play your hand to its value
Online Blackjack Gambling Glossary
Knowing the lingo is part of knowing the rules of the Online Blackjack game. Being acquainted with the gambling terminology below will aid any gambler’s gaming performance when playing Online Blackjack.
When your total card count is higher than 21, this is considered a ‘bust.’ A bust will occur when you hit instead of standing with your hand.
This is essentially doubling your original bet. It also means you agree to take only one more card (after which you must stand).
Taking another card to increase your hand total.
The total of the dealer’s and your hand totals are the same and are between 17 and 21. In this scenario, neither wins.
If you are dealt two cards that have the same value, you have the option to split them. This results in you having two hands against the dealer. Sometimes, players need to make a second bet for the second hand.
If you choose to stand you agree not to take more cards. This means you will finish the game with the card count you had at the time of the stand.