- »WSOP 2020 Gives Daily Deepstack and Cash Game Details
WSOP 2020 Gives Daily Deepstack and Cash Game Details
The latest announcement from the World Series of Poker provided information about the 2020 WSOP in Las Vegas that pertains to non-bracelet action.
Most of the press releases in the past three months revealed pieces of the schedule of gold bracelet events, which now total 101 tournaments. The latest involves cash games and Daily Deepstack events.
The time of the 2020 WSOP – May 26 through July 15 – provides the best opportunity for poker players to find nearly any kind of tournament or cash game to fit their budgets and skill levels. There are tournament series and cash games at casinos around Las Vegas during that time, but ground zero is the Rio All-Suite Hotel and Casino.
The daily tournaments at the Rio each summer have become a much-anticipated set of events in themselves. There are no gold bracelets awarded, but the buy-ins are affordable and the tournaments are all single-day events.
Known as the Daily Deepstacks, these events had been held in one of the Rio Convention Center ballrooms in the past, but large buy-in bracelet events often took over that seating. The Daily Deepstacks were sometimes postponed or cancelled due to a lack of room.
This year, the Daily Deepstacks will play out in Masquerade Village in the casino. This is often where the WSOP Circuit events take place as well. It will be a dedicated, non-smoking area with its own registration cage for buy-ins.
The daily schedule will begin on May 26 and run through July 13 as follows:
- 1pm: $250 NLHE (25K chips, 30-minute levels, late reg until 5:35pm)
- 4pm: $200 NLHE (20K chips, 30-minute levels, late reg until 8:35pm)
- 7pm: $400 NLHE (30K chips, 20-minute levels, late reg until 10pm)
- 10pm: $150 NLHE (15K chips, 20-minute levels, late reg until 1am)
There will also be weekly tournament restricted to players 50 and up from May 27 through July 8:
- Wednesdays at 9am: $250 Seniors NLHE (25K chips, 30-minute levels)
Pot-Limit Omaha fans will find a weekly offering each Sunday evening from May 31 through July 12:
- Sundays at 5pm: $250 PLO (25K chips, 30-minute levels, late reg until 9:35pm)
And the new addition to the non-bracelet event schedule will be a weekly HORSE event, featuring Limit Hold’em, Omaha Hi-Lo 8-or-Better, Razz, Seven-Card Stud, and Seven-Card Stud Hi-Lo 8-or-Better. These events will be offered from June 1 through July 13:
- Mondays at 5pm: $250 HORSE (25K chips, 30-minute levels, late reg until 9:35pm)
Players can buy in to any of these events with cash, casino chips, or credit or debit cards.
Cash Games (Live Action Poker)
For many players, the cash games are the best part of the WSOP each summer. And no matter if they’re called cash games or the WSOP-preferred term of “live action poker,” they will be up and running in the Pavilion Ballroom of the Rio Convention Center this year.
Cash games will begin at 9am on Tuesday, May 26, and they will run 24 hours each day through July 11.
Of the 95 tables in the Pavilion for cash games – errr, live action poker games – more than half of them will be upgraded Gorilla Gaming tables and chairs. They feature automatic shufflers, USB ports, and drink holders.
Players will find a dedicated cage in the Pavilion Ballroom and can buy in there with cash or casino chips.
Games will start at $1/$3 and go up to $1,000/$2,000, the latter of which will be located in the King’s Lounge, the high-stakes area sponsored by King’s Resort in the Czech Republic. Those 15 tables will be upgraded, and players will have 24-hour food service.
Primary games offered will be No Limit Hold’em, Pot Limit Omaha, Limit Omaha-8, Big O, Seven-Card Stud-8, Pineapple Open-Face Chinese Poker, and mixed games. Supervisors and managers in the area will allow dealers to spread other games upon request.
Examples of buy-ins for the most commonly-requested cash games are as follows:
- $1/3 NLHE = $100 minimum, $300 maximum
- $2/$5 NLHE = $200 min, $1K max
- $5/$10 NLHE = $400 min, no max
- $10/$25 NLHE = $1K min, no max
- $1/$2/$5 PLO = $100 min, $500 max
- $5/$5 PLO = $200 min, no max
- $5/$10/$25 PLO = $1K min, no max
- $25/$25/$50 PLO = $2,500 min, no max
- $20/$40 Mix = $400 min, no max
- $50/$100 Mix = $1K min, no max
- $10/$20 Limit O-8 = $200 min, no max
- $20/$40 Limit O-8 = $400 min, no max
- $75/$150 Limit O-8 = $1,500 min, no max
- $1/$2/$5 Big O = $100 min, $500 max
- $5/$5/$10 Big O = $200 min, no max
- $5/$10 Big O = $400 min, no max
- $50/$100 Seven-Card Stud-8 = $1K min, no max
- Pineapple Open-Face Chinese = $5 min per point, $100 max per point