In this how to play blackjack guide you will learn blackjack rules, strategies, and understand frequently used terms. Blackjack is a popular casino game for many Canadian high rollers in both land-based and online casinos. It is one of the most widely played casino games and will have you banking some remarkable rewards. However, before you can start mastering the game, we all need to start off somewhere. So, let’s get started!
Best Blackjack Casinos
200% up to CA$1000Bonus
Casino Blackjack Rules
The aim of this casino game is to beat the dealer with a hand lower than 21, should you exceed 21 you will lose. In order to count your hand, you need to know the values of the cards; so, we begin with learning the values of blackjack cards:
- Jack, King Queen and 10 = 10
- Ace, depending on the value you choose = 1 or 11
- Cards from two to nine are equal to their face value
Next, you will receive two cards face up and you need to decide if you will stick with your hand; request another hand, double or split. These terms may confuse you so we’ve explained them below:
- Stand means to stick with your hand
- Hit means you want another card to get your closer to 21
- Double means you want another card and double your wager
- Split will split your pair
Now that you know the rules, you are ready for a blackjack tutorial. Our steps feature real and virtual blackjack strategy that will be useful for both online and offline blackjack game download versions. Read our step by step guide below.
How to play Online Blackjack and Win – a step by step guide
Learning how to play 21 card game is not rocket science, but it is not to be taken lightly either. For a player to improve their chance of winning, single deck card games can be a great way to learn how to play blackjack at a casino and win. Players are each dealt two cards, facing up. Each card is designated a numerical value. The 2-10 cards equal their number and have face value. The King, Queen and Jack cards of a suit each equal 10. Ace can be 1 or 11, depending on which value is most beneficial to the Canadian at the time. When playing online blackjack for real money, before the cards are dealt all bets are settled. Once a Canadian player has learnt how to play blackjack at the casino, satisfied with their knowledge of online blackjack strategy, they can advance to multi hand blackjack strategy games. Whether you are playing at a land-based or online casino, you’ll be able to test your skills against other players with Live Dealers or the real deal. Play like a blackjack professional in no time with this simple blackjack game guide on the rules that an online Blackjack casino may have.
Any novice players looking to develop new gaming strategies and techniques should give Blackjack a go ahead. It is a game that requires a combination of skill and blackjack 21 strategy. Let’s look at some of the basics so you can learn to play blackjack like a pro.
Step 1. Choose and place your blackjack bet
If you are new to the game, we recommend you learn the value of each card. Understanding what value each card carries is vital when it comes to the dealing of the cards and choosing what your next move will be. The value of number cards is represented by their face value. Picture cards maintain the value of 10. Aces either have the value of 1 or 11; players usually have the choice of which value they would like to use.
Step 2. Deal your blackjack hand
Before any cards are dealt, players will be required to place their bets for the round. To understand how betting works in a blackjack game, players should play free casino blackjack to avoid losing their real money while going through their blackjack tutorial.
Step 3. Play your hand
Once all wagers have been placed, the dealer will shuffle the cards and deal each player and themselves two cards respectively. When playing blackjack online, the card shuffling and dealing of the cards is done by the online casino software. The free blackjack simulator deals the cards randomly.
Step 4. Await your blackjack Wins
The objective is to get a hand total as close to 21 as possible. With this in mind, once all the cards have been dealt, participating gamblers may check their cards and decide on their next move. If you are dealt a ten-value card and an Ace you will have a natural blackjack. However, if your card total is less than 21, you will need some options to proceed the round with.
Step 5. Play again
Once everyone is satisfied with their total of blackjack hands, all will be revealed. The final hand totals will be counted, and the winner will be announced. Winning hands will be paid out and losing hand wagers will be collected.
Best Blackjack Tips
The following tips are intended to help you improve your chances of winning, they are not the golden tips of playing blackjack online.
- Always take advantage of free play or demo mode, this will help you to understand the gameplay before you place real money wagers.
- Boost your bankroll by taking advantage of blackjack exclusive bonuses.
- Know the various blackjack bets thoroughly.
- Always split aces and eights.
Frequently used blackjack terms:
- Hit- a hit represents an option when players opt for another card until they get a hand total as close to 21 as possible.
- Stand – this is when players are happy with their hand total and do not opt for any more cards.
- Insurance Bet – this optional side bet can only be played when the dealer is showing an ace. This side bet will reduce player’s loss in the event the dealer has blackjack.
- Double Down – this is when a player chooses to double their bet to receive one additional card in return. This type of strategy is best used when a player’s card total is between 8 and 11 or a soft hand between 12 and 19.
- Split – this is when a player or dealer chooses to split a hand which contains two cards of the same value. The two cards will be split into two separate hands to give players the opportunity to win a double payout.
- Surrender – this online blackjack strategy is played when a player has determined the dealer has a natural blackjack. This bet will be at the expense of half the player’s bet.
Use top blackjack strategies to win real money
While there isn’t a best blackjack cheat sheet, learning how to play blackjack is fairly simple and straightforward. However, for any novice player who has not developed strategies, it is advisable to start with a blackjack practice game. There are some hints, techniques, tips and blackjack game rules to take into consideration. This will also help form the best combinations of blackjack rules and strategy to bank some noteworthy payouts at Canada’s online casinos.