The thrill of throwing a dice in hopes that it lands the bet you placed is something to get excited about. However, when you are still learning to play online craps, the excitement may be overwhelmed by intimidation.
History of Craps Canada
It has been suggested that the game of craps has been around for approximately 2000 years now. The game was first played with dice made of bone, which surprisingly had a very similar resemblance to the modern-day dice.
The standard six-sided dice has been used for centuries to play the game, even when Sir William Tyre became linked to the game as early as the 11th century. During this time, it was said the English soldiers stormed the countryside. During their crusade, it was suggested they overtook an Arabian castle known as “Hazard”, where they would play dice. When translated, the term hazard means “an unfortunate card or dice roll”.
Despite this theory surrounding the origins of the game, today’s version of the game has been dated back to the 14th century game of Hazard. With time the game made its way around the world, it cultivated new rules and variants.
The game is widely popular among high-roller Canadian players who have the funds for lucrative game play. It has been suggested that today, many land-based casinos offer fewer craps tables as not many young gamblers have taken to the game. However, due to technological advancements the game has regained its popularity as it has been developed into an online format, which can be enjoyed at top Canadian online casinos recommended by Maple Casino.
Learning to play Craps
Before starting gameplay at an online Craps table, there are a few things you may want to learn.
For starters, the game is all about the thrill of throwing a dice in hopes of landing the number you placed your bet on. Additionally, craps offers everyone betting, the opportunity to give the dice a throw. This is the game of craps in a nutshell.
The Craps table displays a series of markings that indicate different betting options. Bets are made by placing chips on the relevant demarcations on the table.
A glance at the Craps table will reveal a collision of colors, numbers and bets. Some of the easiest bets a gambler can make include; ‘Pass Line’, ‘Come’, ‘Don’t Pass Bar’, and ‘Don’t Come Bar’. Once you understand these bets, the rest of the game will be very easy to master.
Craps Betting Systems
Craps allows players to place bets on a number of different sections. Here are some tips and tricks to betting on the craps table:
- Don’t pass line: This is the simplest bet to make in a game of craps. It carries the least risk and is very easy to make. The majority of players at a craps game would either be making the Pass Line or Don’t Pass Line wager. If the roll of the dice totals an 11 or a 7, then you lose. If the total is 2, or 3 the Don’t Pass bet is won. When the number rolled displays a 12, you will get your money back. Any other number rolled counts as a point. The shooter keeps rolling until they roll a 7. This bet has a 1.40 house edge.
- Pass Line: The most popular wager. Unlike the Don’t Pass, money is won when the outcome of the roll is 7 or 11. When 2, 3, or 12 is rolled, the wager is lost. Any other number counts as a point allowing the gamer to roll again until a 7 or a point is achieved. Whenever a point is rolled, the Pass Line wager wins. When a 7 is rolled; the Pass Line wager is lost.
- The Come: The Come wager is made after the Come-out roll. It involves betting that a point would be rolled before the outcome of the next roll would be a 7.
- Don’t Come: These are bets placed that a 7 will be rolled before the come number.
- Field Bet: This is a one roll bet that will pay out if the next roll is field number; 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, or 12.
- Big 6: This bet is placed on the number 6, and will win if a 6 is rolled before a 7.
- Big 8: This bet is placed on the number 8, and will win if an 8 is rolled before a 7.
- Over 7: These are one roll bets and will win if the total of the two dice is over 7 on the next roll.
- Under 7: These are one roll bets and will win if the total of the two dice is under 7 on the next roll.
Learn to Play Craps at Canada’s Top Casinos
Learn how to play craps online with the best casino games hints, tips and tricks. Use these for the best combinations of strategies and techniques that will improve your odds significantly. Learn to play real money craps for fun, and discover a new world of entertainment.