The Cannes Film festival presented plenty of buzz around the world. From models who attended the event to unexpected winners, here’s a breakdown of the 2016 awards.Trying to predict the winners is very much like trying to predict the weather, something that does not seem possible.
- Ken Loach won the Palme d’Or award for the film I, Daniel Blake.
- Andrea Arnold won the jury prize award for film American Honey.
- Houda Benyamina won the Camera d’Or award for Divines.
- Juanjo Giménez Peῆa won the short film Palme d’Or award for the film Timecode.
- Xavier Dolan won the Grand Prix award for Juste la Fin du Monde (It’s only the end of the World).
- Jaclyn Jose won the best actress award for her role on Ma’Rosa.
- Jean-Pierre Léaud won the honorary Palme d’Or award for him career.
- Shahab Hosseini won the best actor award.
- Asghar Farhadi won the best screenplay award for Salesman.
- Olivier Assays won the best Director award for the film Personal Shopper.
- Cristian Mungiu won the best director prize for the film Graduation.
The Cannes Film Festival is not only about the winners. The festival is never complete without the attendance of models. The World’s top models show how to properly pull of a couture gown. The film festival is not renowned for restraint red carpet moments, and this year was any different with models pulling out all the stops. Some models who stood out include Kendall Jenner, Aymeline Valade, and Kate Moss.
Bigger is definitely bigger for Cannes Film Festival with surprises lurking in the least expected spaces.