The Vegas Partner Lounge group and its casinos support responsible gaming and we believe you should always stay ahead of the game by playing safely. Gambling, while being a fun past-time, does involve some risk. Risks that could result in a loss and this could be harmful if not kept under control.
We realise a small percentage of players do fall into destructive playing patterns and succumb to a pathological gambling addiction. Therefore we are committed to creating a safe and responsible online gaming environment by implementing eCOGRA's Responsible Gaming requirements that aim to benefit all players as well as our own staff. So please take note - gambling, if not played responsibly, could result in financial, social or health related problems. Be careful out there.
Our Under-18 Policy
• Gambling for under 18's is strictly forbidden.
• Gambling involves risk and should be carefully monitored.
• Gambling can be harmful and should be played responsibly.
Please note that the legal age of persons to register and play at any Vegas Partner Lounge casino is 18 years. We do ask that if children below 18 have access to your computer with Internet Access, that you take care to keep your account number and password confidential. Do not leave children unattended around your computer while you are using our website or the online casino software. Should you require a filter to block gaming websites from any underage persons, please visit the following sites for more information on how this can be implemented:
What is problem gambling?
Problem gaming' or gambling addiction refers to the circumstance where gambling begins to affect a person's life in a negative way. If the act of gambling causes any problems to a person's emotional and physical well-being, state of mind, their family, relationships, job or financial situation, then it is crucial to seek help. If you suspect yourself or a family member of having such a problem then take the first steps in getting help.
How to recognize a gambling problem
- Do you think you might have a problem? Answer the following questions...
- Do you ever lose time from work or school due to gambling?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- Does gambling affect your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Do you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or solve financial difficulties?
- Does gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing do you feel the need to return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
- After winning do you have a strong urge to return and win more?
- Do you often gamble until your last cent is gone?
- Have you ever borrowed money to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
- Have you ever been reluctant to use your "gambling money" for normal expenditures?
- Does gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
- Do you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
• Have you ever gambled to escape worry or trouble?
- Have you ever committed, or considered committing an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Does gambling cause you to have difficulty sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create an urge within you to gamble?
- Do you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
- Have you ever considered self-destruction or suicide as a result of your gambling?
How to get help
If you have answered yes to any of the above questions, it could mean that you have a problem or could be a compulsive gambler.
If this is the case, we have a few options for you where you can seek assistance and advice.
You can do so by contacting one of the organizations below:
Gamblers Anonymous UK
08700 50 88 80
Gamblers Anonymous Australia
(02) 9726 6625
BC Responsible & Problem Gambling Program
The Canadian Partnership for Responsible Gambling
How to protect yourself?
There are also a few ways that the casino can help you protect yourself should you think you or a family member is having a gaming problem.
1. Self-Exclusion Periods
6 Months Self Exclusion Period (all existing and new casino accounts as well as all financial accounts within VPL group will be locked for 6 months if a player requests to do it due to gambling problem or inability to control his/her gambling; no promotional material will be sent to player by any means; the account can be reopened only after 6 months if a player requests - we will not contact the player with the reminder.
2. Cool-Off Period
If you don't side gambling problem as the reason for account locking, we can offer: a) the 24 hour cool-off period (all accounts are locked for 24 hours, you will have to contact us to unlock the account); b) the 7 day cool-off period (all accounts are locked for 7 days and you will have to contact us to unlock the account)
3. Deposit Limit Options
Another way in which to monitor your gambling habits is to set yourself deposit limits which will help curb the amount you spend at any given time. Simply get in touch with our Contact Centre and the limit will be implemented within 24 hours. The options are as follows:
• Daily deposit limits
• Weekly deposit limits
• Monthly deposit limits
4. Locking of accounts for a predetermined timeframe
You can tell us for how long you would like your account to be locked for. We will lock it and your account will remain locked until that period passes.